I’m delighted to work with many talented teachers in schools and colleges across the United Kingdom and beyond. It is great to see their work recognised and rewarded. At MMU, we were able to honour the lifetime achievements of our colleague Geoff Reed through an honorary doctorate. It was so well deserved.
On that theme, the Music Teacher Awards for Excellence is now accepting nominations for next year’s ceremony on 12th March. The categories include:
- Best Musical Initiative Award, sponsored by the Royal Marines Band Service
- Best Print Resource Award, sponsored by Rhinegold Publishing Ltd
- Best Digital/Technological Resource Award
- Best SEN Resource Award
- Excellence in Primary/Early Years Music Award
- Best School Music Department Award, sponsored by the MMA
- Best Classical Music Education Initiative Award, sponsored by Classic FM
- Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Black Cat Music and MusicPracticeRooms.com
- The 2015 awards will also see the inclusion of two new categories – Musicians’ Union Inspiration Award, sponsored by the MU and Best Music Education Product Award. A Music Teacher Magazine Editor’s Award will also be chosen by Thomas Lydon, editor of Music Teacher.
The awards were created to celebrate excellence in the UK’s music education sector. For more details visit the Music Education Expo site. Get voting!